Call for nominations: Section Awards 2021
The Sociology of Consumers and Consumption Section Awards recognize outstanding scholarship in the sociology of consumption, broadly defined. This includes subjects dealing with theoretical and/or empirical questions related to consumers, commodities, and/or consumer markets, and engages with a larger body of research on these topics. Submissions to the awards must have consumption as the central focus, but may engage with other disciplines and sub-fields (e.g. sociology of culture, sociology of the body, environmental sociology, political sociology, economic sociology).
Distinguished Scholarly Publication Award for 2021 – Article or Book Chapter
Deadline: March 31, 2021
The Sociology of Consumers and Consumption Section Distinguished Scholarly Publication Award goes to the author(s) of the best published article or book chapter that makes a significant, original contribution to the understanding of ideas about, and practices of, consumption. Please note that the award alternates between books/edited collections and articles/book chapters. In 2022, the award will go to a books/edited collection.
Eligibility: The competition is open to articles or book chapters published in the last two years (March 2019-March 2021). Self-nominations are welcome.
- Authors must be members of the Consumers and Consumption Section at the time of nomination.
- Submissions must be published; manuscripts accepted for publication are not permitted.
- Co-authored/edited submissions are permitted, provided the applicant is the lead author/editor.
- The same publication may not be nominated for both Section awards (Distinguished Scholarly Publication Award and Student Paper Award).
- The same publication may not be submitted for consideration for subsequent years’ awards.
To apply: Email a nominating letter that outlines the paper and its significance, along with the paper to committee members, listed below. Nominations that are not accompanied by a nomination letter will not be considered for the prize. The deadline for receipt of all materials for this award is March 31, 2021.