Doing research on consumers and consumption? We want to hear from you!
The Consumers and Consumption section of the ASA is looking forward to receiving submissions to our 4 sessions at this summer’s 113th American Sociological Association Conference in Philadelphia (August 11th-14th, 2018 ).
- Regular session: Consumers and Consumption (organizer: Cassi Pittman, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Section session: New Approaches to Inequality and Consumption (organizers: Daniel Fridman, email@example.com and Amanda Anthony, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Open topic: Consumers and Consumption (organizer: Joel Stillerman; email@example.com)
- Section refereed roundtables (organizer: Michelle Weinberger; firstname.lastname@example.org). The roundtables are a vibrant and collegial forum—please consider being included if your section session submission isn’t successful.
Paper submissions must be received no later than January 11th 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern) via the ASA’s online submission portal. Full information and links for applying can be found here.
Please note that participants must register for the meeting, and are encouraged to hold membership in ASA and in the Consumers and Consumption section. Section dues are only $10 ($5 for students). Members get to:
- contribute to the section Consume This! blog which is well-produced and well-circulated,
- network with economic and cultural sociologists more tightly and intimately connected than those you find in the bigger ASA sections like, well, economic sociology and culture,
- participate in our mini conference this year, taking place at Rutgers University-Camden immediately prior to ASA, and
- submit work to the graduate student paper award.