The Journal of Marketing Management is accepting submissions for a special issue titled “Design, Consumption, and Marketing.” This special issue welcomes papers from different perspectives on the interrelationship between design, marketing and consumption, and encourages approaches from different theoretical perspectives including actor network theory, consumer culture theory, critical approaches, practice theory, marketing strategy, new product development, branding, psychology, and service‐dominant logic. Scholars can submit papers dealing with questions or objectives similar but not limited to the following:
• Marketing and/or consumer outcomes of design
• Design and marketing effectiveness
• Design methods and their applicability to marketing
• Design and transformative consumer research issues
• Consumer object‐relations
• Design and branding
• Understanding designed objects
• Co‐creation of value and design
• Design’s role in breakthrough innovation
• Design’s role in marketing strategy
• Contextual issues in design including services, business to business, web‐based, social marketing, and not‐for‐profit
• Design and consumption practices
• Service‐dominant logic and design
• Design, atmospherics, and experiences
• Hackers and design
• Design and identity
• Design and sustainable consumption
• Designers and celebrity
All manuscripts submitted must strictly follow the guidelines for the Journal of Marketing Management.
Authors should prepare and upload two versions of their manuscript to ScholarOne Manuscripts. One copy should be a complete text but in the second document, all identifying information of the author should be removed from the files.
The closing date for submission is December 1, 2015 for publication in early 2017.
Direct any questions to the guest editors:
• Dr. Michael Beverland, University of Bath, UK
• Dr. Gerda Gemser, RMIT University, Australia
• Dr. Ingo Karpen, RMIT University, Australia
Technical queries about submissions can be referred to the Editorial Office.